How many tents are allowed per camp site?

Maximum 2 tents, depending on the site.

How many people are allowed in one camp site?

6 people maximum.

How long can I stay at one site?

14 days maximum stay per reservation. If you wish to stay longer, you will need to re-book and possibly have a change of site.

How many trailers are allowed per group site?

One trailer is permitted per group site.

What is the cancellation policy?

No refunds are allowed. Payment for sites are non-transferable, so please take the time to carefully choose the site that meets your needs.

How far in advance do I have to book my reservation?

Reservations are taken on a first come first served basis. Booking well in advance will improve your chances of getting the site you want. Reservations can only be made within the same season that you are camping; you cannot book over a year in advance.

Is there a maximum number of sites that one individual is allowed to book at one time?

No, there is no limit.

What are the regulations for pets at the campground?

(1) A person who owns, or is responsible for, a pet must ensure that the pet does not, while on a recreation site, recreation trail or interpretive forest site
(a) present a threat to a person’s property or to the life or safety of any person or animal, or
(b) cause an unnecessary disturbance to other persons or animals.

(2) An official, a recreation officer or a peace officer who determines that a person has contravened subsection (1) may require the person
(a) to keep the pet under physical restraint, or
(b) to remove the pet from the recreation site, recreation trail or interpretive forest site.

Is hunting or carrying a firearm allowed in the park?

No person shall possess or discharge a firearm, bow or crossbow.

How much are kayaks and canoes to rent (SAYRES LAKE ONLY)?

* Note that canoes and kayaks at Sayres Lake are being updated / repaired and are not available to rent until further notice *
$15 an hour or $50 for the day for kayaks, $20 an hour or $60 for the day for canoes.


Do you supply firewood?

Yes, the Site Host has firewood for sale. Note that this campsite is subject to fire bans. No wood should be taken from the Rec Site.

Could there be a fire ban this year?

Due to extremely dry summers, fire bans do occur across BC and in Rec Sites. If a fire ban is instituted, the Site Host will not permit traditional fires.

Do you have access for those with mobility issues?

While we have some accessible amenities like our washroom, there are areas of the property that may be challenging due to uneven terrain.

If we pay for a site and a more desirable site becomes available; can we relocate?

Site fees are non-transferable. You would need to reserve and pay again for the new site that you wish to move to.

What time is check in?

Check in time is 12:00 noon. Note that sites that haven’t been checked in by 6:00pm may be given away during high occupancy periods. If you are later than 6pm it is recommended that you contact the Camp Host to ensure your spot is secured.

What time is check out?

12:00 noon.

Is there a quiet time on the Rec Site?

Yes, quiet time is enforced between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.

Are generators allowed in the park?

Yes. Use is permitted between the hours of 9:00 am – 11:00 am and 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. This policy was created with BC Provincial Parks to help reduce air pollution noise levels and reduce fuel consumption.

Are ATV’s allowed on the camp sites?

Yes, provided that the operator obeys the posted speed limit in the campground of 10km per hour.

Can I have a campfire, or is there a fire ban?

Please check for updates on all fire bans in BC.

What qualifies for the persons with disabilities discount?

You must be designated as a Person With Disabilities under the BC Employment and Assistance Program (administered by the Ministry of Housing and Social Development), or have a child who is eligible for the At Home Program (administered by the Ministry of Children and Family Development) to qualify for the reduced rate.
Upon your arrival at Sayres Lake you may be asked to present one piece of identification (e.g. driver’s license) and one of the following to the campground host:
A Release of Information Form issued by the Ministry of Housing and Social Development OR a Letter of Eligibility issued by the Ministry of Children and Family Development stating that your child is eligible for the At Home Program.